Police Officer Lateral Entry
Lateral Entry Opportunities Available For Current Police Officers
The Lake Zurich Police Department is seeking qualified, experienced police officers to join a department that is focused on proactive community partnerships aimed at providing the best solutions and positive outcomes for problems we face as a community. Fighting crime and creating a safe environment is our highest priority.
The Lake Zurich Department offers competitive salary and benefits along with future growth and advancement opportunities. Please see the information on this web page for details and application instructions.
I'm Interested, Tell Me More...
- Lateral transfer orientation slide deck
- Job description
- Organizational chart
- FOP collective bargaining agreement
- Lateral entry information packet
- Lateral application form
Submit your application via email. We'll send you a link to electronically submit the required documentation.
The Fine Print
- Lateral entry applicants must have been previously employed as a full-time sworn officer of a regular police department in any municipal, county, university, or state law enforcement agency within the State of Illinois, provided they are certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board and have been with their respective law enforcement agency within the state for at least two (2) years.
- Work schedule is established by union (FOP) contract. Patrol shifts are chosen annually by seniority. Schedule: 8 ¼ hours per shift, 5 days on, 2 days off, 5 days on, 3 days off in lieu of holidays.
- Police officers must live within 35 miles of the Lake Zurich Police station (200 Mohawk Trail, Lake Zurich, Illinois) by the end of their probationary period.