Please submit all forms to:
505 Telser Road
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
The department's phone number is 847-540-1696 and the fax number is 847-726-2182.
The Village of Lake Zurich has two ordinances which establish provisions and fees for the registration of contractors engaged in the building and construction trades and in the installation of suppression systems. As part of the application process, the contractors will have to provide accurate business contact information, require proof of qualifications and provide a surety bond to protect the Village and residents. The fee for registration is $110 per calendar year, per contractor. No permit applications will be approved without all project contractors being registered with the Village.
If you would like to register as a contractor in the Village of Lake Zurich, please fill out our Contractor Registration Form. Registered contractors are then listed on the Village website until their registration expires.
Homeowners may call the Building & Zoning Department to see if a contractor is registered or view our Registered Contractors List online.
Recommendations for Selecting a Contractor
- While the Village cannot make recommendations on individual contractors, you can use our online Registered Contractors List or call the Building Department to determine if a contractor is currently registered with the Village
- Call the Better Business Bureau to see if there are any complaints filed against the contractor
- Visit other projects the contractor has completed and speak directly to owners about their experience with the contractor
- Obtain a written contractor with details on the work to be performed, total price, and completion date
- Make sure the contractor has adequate liability insurance