What is the danger of Carbon Monoxide?
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a “silent killer” because it is odorless, tasteless, invisible, and lighter than air. CO is quickly absorbed by the body, preventing blood from bringing oxygen to cells, tissues and organs, suffocating its’ victims. Victims of carbon monoxide poisoning are often sickened or killed while sleeping. A carbon monoxide detector will sound when levels of the gas are elevated, alerting residents that they need to leave the home. Carbon Monoxide Brochure

Show All Answers

1. What are the open burning rules for Lake Zurich and the Lake Zurich Fire Protection District?
2. Where is the Fire Station located?
3. Where can I get a car safety seat inspection?
4. How do I dispose of Home Medical Waste?
5. Where can I get a copy of an EMS/Medical Report?
6. How do I notify the Fire Department about my disability or special need(s)?
7. Where can I get a Knox Box for my home or business?
8. Do you offer CPR classes?
9. What is the danger of Carbon Monoxide?
10. How often should I replace my smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors?