- Community Development
- Property Maintenance Reminders
Property Maintenance Reminders
The Village has adopted the International Property Maintenance Code that governs the general conditions of property. Residents are asked to keep these property maintenance code provisions in mind particularly during the warm weather months:
- Maintain lawn so it does not exceed 8 inches in height.
- Maintain shrubbery and trees so as not to encroach over public sidewalk.
- Store them so they are not visible from the street.
- Place them at the curb no sooner than the evening prior to pickup.
- Remove them from the street the same day/evening of pick up.
- Keep a tight-fitting lid on garbage cans.
- No vehicle may be parked on the front lawn or obstructing public sidewalk Boats, RVs, trailer and other vehicles have restrictions on where they may be parked dependent on their size. Refer to Village requirements or contact Community Services for details.
- Vehicles shall be operable.
- Vehicles shall display current license plates.
- All swimming pools over 2 feet in height are required to obtain a building permit and install a proper safety barrier.
- Display address numbers using a color contrasting from their background, a minimum of 4 inch high numbers.
- Keep trim and wall exteriors free from peeling paint and rotting wood. Re-paint/re-stain and replace rotting wood when necessary.
- Maintain handrail and guard rails.
- Repair or replace broken windows.
- Outdoor storage is not allowed. Outdoor storage may include construction materials, yard tools, etc.
- Maintain yard free from litter/debris. Clean animal waste regularly.
- Signs are not permitted on the parkway. The parkway is that area between the sidewalk and the street.
- Garage sale signs, election signs, or for sale/for rent, community event or sporting club signs are allowed on private property, with certain size restrictions as noted below:
- Garage sale signs – display on the day of the sale/s. Limited to two garage sales per year.
- Election signs – display not sooner than 30 days prior to election and remove within 5 days following the election.
- For sale/for rent – not more than one sign per frontage (corner lots allowed 2 signs).