The Village of Lake Zurich is teaming up with Chicago Wilderness, The Vehe Farm Foundation and many other national and local interested parties to urge you, your children, grandchildren, or any child you know to get outside and explore!
In a world of TV, internet, and other indoor activities, children are suffering from Nature Deficit Disorder which may be linked to obesity, attention deficit disorder and poor social skills. Parents don’t need to be knowledgeable about nature to encourage their children to explore. A new adventure may be right outside your door! The Village of Lake Zurich offers these natural areas for kids to roam:
- Oak Ridge Marsh Nature Park - 500 Lions Drive
- Whispering Creek Trail - 935 Lorie Lane
- Kuechmann Park - 626 N. Old Rand Road
- Bird Observation Area - 340 Lions Drive
- Buffalo Creek Park - 675 Old Mill Grove Road